Do you want to improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to improve communication and collaboration at your firm? You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of it. SharePoint This will help to make sure you invest in the right platform for a longer interval.
Is it a good choice for your company? Will you make a smart investment?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make the right choice.
What is SharePoint?
“Customer-oriented web-based platform is what Microsoft SharePoint Online is. Microsoft Office files can be stored and shared through it. The system is a content and document management system.”
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with the help of SharePoint. You can track the projects and build tasks.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin, then choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the button to create a site.
- You can select the team site.
- The design of your website will match your requirements
- Name and description are included in correct details.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a space for your members lists. You can have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner. Once users click on the library, they have access to the documents.
The best way to use the document library is by using the following methods.
- The documents can be chosen in the left-vertical pane.
- You can choose to add new items. You can drag and drop files in the library folder.
- The app will open the Microsoft Office file.
- You can change the file with other people at the same time. Check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update and review items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
The set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcome. They are similar to the automated application that handles business processes. To save your time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained.
There are different roles in the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this basic feature. The recent website and any sub-sites have the scope of search. The search application processes the query and returns the results.
Among the results of a search, you can find links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, and web pages. Using Microsoft SharePoint online’s search engine. Permissions, previous searches. And context are required. If you add words to the search box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter and capture vital data about the content stored. There is a library in which the data content can be stored.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
The template has components that support project management.
- A project summary.
- The task schedule.
- A task list.
- The calendar has a month.
- There is a document library.
- Task management features are built in.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint. As it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
The Last Takeaway!
The best features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. Small, medium, and large businesses need team collaboration for projects.